Dear Heritage Family,
We want to let you know that we have been prayerfully and diligently monitoring the public health concerns surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak. The Elder Team has made the decision to suspend on-site services for Sunday, March 15th and March 22nd. This decision is not made out of fear, but with wisdom, discernment and in the spirit of loving our community and honoring our Governor’s requests to temporarily cease large gatherings.
The health and safety of you and your loved ones during this time is very important to us, and so in lieu of meeting in person, we will instead live stream services on www.heritagefellowship.us.
During this time of unrest, we will continue to reach out and share the power and love of Jesus and are so thankful to have you as part of our community. If there are physical, financial, or spiritual needs, please reach out. Let’s be attentive to ways we can help one another and be family.
Let us continue to pray for peace, protection and wisdom for our community, government officials and the medical teams on the ground.
We will post future updates by email, on our website and social media pages. We will also be providing additional information during our online service tomorrow, March 15.
Remember: We are salt and light!
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7
Heritage Fellowship Leadership Team
Dear Heritage Family,
In 2014, the leadership of Heritage Fellowship began implementing a plan for the future that we felt the Lord impressed on our hearts. The plan which was set into motion was to disciple and pass the love and care of the Heritage family to the next generation.
We have served Heritage Fellowship as Senior Pastors since the birth of the church in 1997. It is vital to the future of Heritage to have a plan for succession of leadership. Mission + Vision + Culture + Strategic planning ensures the future and forward growth of any church, organization or business.
We have witnessed too many churches and ministries fail to create the opportunity for the transfer of leadership. We love you enough to recognize the need for a plan, and we are grateful for the opportunity to share how this plan is going and how it is taking the next step forward.
In sharing this, we want to make it clear that we are NOT leaving Heritage, and we will still be here loving and serving this church family. We will be walking alongside the present and future leaders of Heritage as long as we are capable of doing so, trusting the Lord will grant us many more years of health and wholeness.
HIGHLIGHT 1 (FOUNDING PASTORS’ ROLE)
During this season, Heritage Fellowship is transitioning from a “Senior Pastor” paradigm of church leadership to a “Team Led” approach to church life. We will no longer be serving as Senior Pastors, but will be functioning alongside a team. Instead of us carrying the title of Senior Pastors, we will be referred to as Founding Pastors. We will continue serve, carrying the following responsibilities:
• We will be serving, along with Keith Yoder and Dale Fife, on the Apostolic Team. This is a team that gives encouragement, support and counsel to the Elder Team, as well as conducts periodic evaluations of all ministries.
• We will remain on the Elder Team, which is the governing board of the church. Casey Moss presently presides as Chair of that board. Although we have functioned in a Senior Pastor role by name and cultural perspective, we have, in reality, been operating as a team for many years.
• We will continue empowering, in multiple ways, the DNA of Heritage Fellowship - “Encountering God - Touching Lives - Impacting Nations.” We are passionate about pursuing God’s presence and allowing all we do to be from that foundation.
• We will continue to nurture the fathering and mothering heart of this church family through our relationships with staff and ministry teams, through our teaching and sharing and through modeling a heart for others.
• We will be more involved in mentoring and leadership training of the next generation.
• We will continue in different aspects of service and ministry as the needs are recognized.
• We will continue to be involved in blessing and serving different ministries located in Jefferson City and the Lakeway area, as well as internationally as the Lord opens those doors.
• Legacy Theatre, a ministry of Heritage Fellowship, will continue moving forward under Peggy’s leadership as she builds a team of people, positioning Legacy for the future. She will continue to serve as Worship Arts Pastor.
• Jim will continue to serve as one of the facilitators that serve during our corporate gatherings, as well as continue to develop a facilitating team.
During the last several years we have implemented, and taken several steps toward setting in place, next-generation leadership:
• Jared and Lanae Boyd became leaders of Heritage Student Ministries.
• Jonathan Price was set in as the Executive Pastor, serving the Elder Team, ministry leaders and the church family.
• Casey Moss was appointed as chairman of the Elder Team and in 2017 was asked to serve as the Teaching Pastor forming and guiding a teaching team.
• Bryan Stiles was set in as an elder and his wife Shannon share with us during our elder meetings.
• Recently, Lanae was set in as the Operations Director.
• Bill Conrad graciously walked us through some much needed financial transitions, and added new members, Allen Welch & Greg Sexton to the Finance Team.
As we begin 2020, we are finalizing the organizational structure that supports the “Team” approach to ministry rather than the individual Senior Pastor paradigm. It is our heart that the church family be positioned for future growth while holding true to our DNA as a church family and our mission to see lives changed, people discipled, and millions around the world impacted by the outreach of this local church. We are shifting to a partly bi-vocational team of servants who lead the body, rather than just one pastor.
HIGHLIGHT 2 (LEADERSHIP TEAM)
One new layer of the structure is what we are calling a Leadership Team. Two years ago, the Apostolic Team encouraged the Elder Team to consider another layer of organizational structure to assist with the future growth of the church. The purpose of this team is to serve under the direction of the Elder Team in capacities of visioning with the Elder Team, activating and implementing visionary directives from the Elder Team, and creating a flow of support to all ministries of Heritage Fellowship, in house, locally and around the world.
Those appointed to the Leadership Team by the Elders are Jonathan and Lisa Price, Casey and Kara Moss, Ben and MacKenzie Myers and Jared and Lanae Boyd. We are also serving alongside this team at present. We do realize this team is primarily our family. For that, we are honored, blessed and thankful, even beyond what we could have imagined. God could have called our kids anywhere in the world to serve, raise their families, work, and do life. To have them close, all within six miles, is such a treasure to us and a gift that we give to you. To have them close, means a strength and blessing for the Heritage family, we pray for many years to come. At some point waaaaaaayyyyyyy in the future, we will be worshiping with you from heaven, and our desire is to leave you with our heart, our passions, and our DNA.
Casey and Kara Moss serve on the Elder Team, oversee Family Life Ministries and Casey leads theTeaching Team.
Jonathan serves as the Executive Pastor. Jonathan & Lisa have been serving alongside the Elder Team for 5 years.
Ben and MacKenzie, serve as Worship Pastors, and have given oversight and leadership to the Worship Team for the past 10 years.
Jared and Lanae serve as Heritage Student Ministries pastors, having done so for the past 5 years. Lanae served for two years as Communications Manager before accepting her present role as Operations Director in October of 2019.
Each of these couples embrace a great vision and heart for the church family. They have sacrificed, invested themselves, and immersed themselves into the life of this church family. We, with the agreement of the Elder Team, personally invited them to serve on the Leadership Team because regularly, they began meeting with us, saying “What about this ministry or that ministry? How can we support and empower those leading it? Have we thought about doing this as a way to promote growth? What do we want our culture to look like?” They think deeply and look to the future and they have these discussions with a heart for the future growth of this church family.
HIGHLIGHT 3 (HERITAGE STRUCTURE)
I would like to introduce to you the organizational ministries of Heritage Fellowship Church. What are the ministries and who are the people that make up the big picture and keep Heritage moving forward?
This structure includes the following:
• Apostolic Team: Keith Yoder and Dale Fife serve the church family in an advisory capacity, sharing counsel and wisdom and giving us objective evaluations. We are now being added to this team.
• Elder Team: Casey and Kara Moss, Jim and Peggy Price, Bryan and Shannon Stiles, Bill and Judy Conrad and Jerry and Donna Lawson. ( Casey Moss, Chair)
• Leadership Team: Jim and Peggy Price - Jonathan and Lisa Price - Casey and Kara Moss - Ben and MacKenzie Myers - Jared and Lanae Boyd. (Jonathan Price, Chair.)
• Administrative Team: Jonathan Price, Executive Pastor, Lanae Boyd, Operations Director, Kim Fuerst, Operations Assistant and Bookkeeper, Linda Quesenberry, Secretary
• Financial Team: Allen Welch, Bill Conrad, Greg Sexton (Allen Welch, Chair)
Prayer Ministry: Linda Quesenberry
Heritage Worship: Ben & MacKenzie Myers
Media: Evan & Leia McNair
Heritage Student Ministries: Jared and Lanae Boyd, (6.8, 9.12, Young Adult)
Creative Arts/Legacy Theatre: Peggy Price
First Impressions: Allen and Lisa Welch
Hospitality: Paula Moss
Heritage Kids!: Mona Abdullayev
Global Connect/Destiny School of Ministry: Greg & Debby Wiley
Decor: Becca Oakes & Anna Myers
Special Building Project Manager: Jimmy Miller
Security: Edwin Clapp
Meals Ministry: Kimberley McConkey
Heritage Family Ministries: Casey & Kara Moss
Small Groups: Jared Boyd & Jim Price
Heritage Women’s Ministry: Shannon Stiles
Heritage Men’s Ministry: Bryan Stiles
Community Christian Academy: Jared Boyd, Jim Price, Mona Abdullayev
Teaching: Casey Moss, Jim Price, Jared Boyd
We are honored and privileged to serve such an amazing church family. Twenty-three years have gone by so quickly, and we look forward to the next 23! We have seen another whole new generation step into adulthood. Such a joy! Our desire and heart has been to nurture generational continuity. This is how we move forward: generation to generation.
Love and Blessings,
Jim and Peggy Price